(CNN) -- Lewis Hamilton extended his Formula One drivers' championship lead after finishing fourth at the German Grand Prix.
The British driver moved 14 points clear of McLaren teammate Jenson Button, who was fifth at Hockenheim.
Red Bull's Mark Webber retained third after placing sixth, but was caught on 136 points by teammate Sebastian Vettel after the German finished third on his home track after starting from pole position.
Ferrari kept their title hopes alive as Fernando Alonso claimed his second victory of the season ahead of teammate Felipe Massa, mirroring their 1-2 at Bahrain in the opening race of the season.
Third-placed Ferrari trail leaders McLaren by 92 points with eight races left, with Red Bull in second a further 64 ahead of the Italians.
Drivers' Championship (after 11 rounds):
1. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren 157 points
2. Jenson Button (GB) McLaren 143
3. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull 136
4. Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Red Bull 136
5. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Ferrari 123
6. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Mercedes GP 94
7. Robert Kubica (Pol) Renault 89
8. Felipe Massa (Bra) Ferrari 85
9. Michael Schumacher (Ger) Mercedes 38
10. Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India 35
1. McLaren 300 points
2. Red Bull 278
3. Ferrari 208
4. Mercedes GP 132
5. Renault 96
6. Force India 47
7. Williams 31
8. Sauber 15
9. Toro Rosso 10