(CNN) -- Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson has revealed that the English Premier League leaders will not make any major signings in the January transfer window.
The 69-year-old has already brought in Danish goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard to cover for the expected retirement of Edwin van der Sar at the end of this season.
Ferguson told the club's website he was unlikely to sign more players, but was considering letting younger squad members go out on loan.
Italian striker Federico Macheda, 19, is set to follow in the footsteps of Danny Welbeck and Mame Biram Diouf, who joined Premier League rivals Sunderland and Blackburn in season-long deals.
"We have no plans to bring anyone in when the window opens," Ferguson said ahead of Saturday's trip to West Brom. "Kiko (Macheda) is in the same position as the likes of Danny Welbeck and Mame Biram Diouf. We've got a clutch of young strikers at the club who need games. Kiko comes into that category.
"I've had a chat with him. I don't want him to go but the way the squad is shaping up -- Michael Owen is fit again, Chicharito (Javier Hernandez) is progressing well, Bebe will be a striker, and we can play Obertan there -- Kiko needs games.
"Welbeck has shown that through consistent regular football he has progressed dramatically, and he must eventually get in the England squad. When I spoke to Kiko I explained the same could happen to him if he goes to another club for five or six months. He could come back a better player."
Ferguson is considering recalling midfielder Tom Cleverley from Wigan as South Korea's Park Ji-Sung is going to the Asian Cup in January, while Antonio Valencia will not be ready to return from injury before February.
Ferguson has already recalled reserve players Ritchie de Laet and Joshua King from their loan spells at Preston after his son Darren was sacked as manager of the second division club earlier this week.
"It always seems to happen that managers lose their jobs at this time of year," Ferguson said in quotes reported by the UK Press Association.
"Darren will be alright. He will get over it. He is not the first to have this happen to him, and the experience will serve him well."
Meanwhile, Wigan boss Roberto Martinez has boosted his squad with the signing of former Spain under-21 defender Adrian Lopez.
The 23-year-old has joined on a free transfer after his contract at Deportivo la Coruna expired at the end of last season, having waited until now to get international clearance.
He has been given a contract to the end of this season as Wigan seek to move away from the relegation zone.