(CNN) -- Manchester City's transfer window spending neared the £90 milliion ($139 million) mark after completing the signing of Serbian international left-back Aleksandar Kolarov from Lazio.
The 24-year-old has been granted a work permit and the formalities of the reported £19 million ($29.32 million) deal with the Serie A club were completed after he passed a medical Saturday.
The Kolarov deal has increased speculation that England international left-back Wayne Bridge will now move to Liverpool.
But Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has denied Bridge will be leaving Eastlands.
"I want two top-class players for each position," the Italian told their official website.
"I first saw Kolarov in his Lazio debut back in 2007. I have watched him a lot since then and so have the Manchester City scouts.
"His attacking capability is very good. He is fast and can shoot with power and accuracy.
"He also has the ability to play in numerous positions and is very good in midfield.
City's Abu Dhabi-based owners have given Mancini the funds to improve on their fifth-placed finish in the English Premier League last season.
Mancini had already spent £25 million ($38.59 million apiece on Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure and Valencia winger David Silva, as well as signing German international defender Jerome Boateng from Hamburg for £15 million ($23.15 million).
City have also been linked with Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli but the Italian club want them to up their bid.
"It all depends on whether we can find the measures that are interesting for both us and them," the club's president Massimo Moratti told their official website.