(The Frisky) -- Though rumors have been spreading for months, Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen only recently announced that their engagement is dunzo. The two had been planning to tie the knot since December 2008, after meeting on the set of "Jumper."
Bilson cites distance as one of the couple's biggest struggles, with her in California and Hayden in Canada. Though, I think it has something to do with that disgusting rat tail Hayden had to sport in "Star Wars." Or perhaps she was never able to get over her love for Seth Cohen, I mean Adam Brody.
These two are in good company since we found nine more stars who decided divorce rates were not in their favor and never quite made it to the altar, even after getting engaged.
1. Tara Reid must never want to be the bride because so far she has stepped out of two engagements. Her first fiancé was "TRL" host Carson Daly, but when the countdown to their wedding neared the big day, the couple became kaput. Then almost a month away from her 2010 wedding with internet entrepreneur Michael Axtmann, Tara released a statement saying the couple was through.
2. Jennifer Love Hewitt ended a 13-month engagement to Ross McCall back in January of 2009. I think it was officially the day she shot cupid.
3. Even supermodels suffer canceled weddings. Rachel Hunter's fiancé, hockey player Jarret Stoll, got cold feet just seven weeks before the wedding. It couldn't have been fun for them to inform the guests.
4. Kayne West is a marriage dropout. He ended his engagement to Alexis Phifer after a year and a half.
5. I guess Swiss financier Arpad Busson wasn't the multimillionaire of Uma Thurman's dreams after all. She broke off their yearlong engagement because she wasn't "in a rush to do anything," she told People magazine.
6. No one was laughing when Christina Ricci called off her wedding plans after a big fight with her comedian fiancé Owen Benjamin.
7. Mary-Louise Parker and Jeffrey Dean Morgan never quite made it to the wedding planning phase of their engagement, but the two reportedly remained friends after they split. That's more than her ex Billy Crudup can say.
8. No one was really surprised when Jamie Lynn Spears broke off her shotgun engagement to baby daddy Casey Aldridge. Maybe she learned something from her big sis after all.
9. Jennifer Morrison and Jesse Spencer decided it would be best for them not to play "House" off set. They ended their engagement after appearing on the cover of InStyle Weddings. Eek.
TM & © 2010 TMV, Inc. | All Rights Reserved