(CNN) -- Police in Buffalo, New York, have arrested a 23-year-old man in a restaurant shooting that left four people dead and four others wounded earlier this month, city officials announced Wednesday.
Riccardo McCray turned himself in after a series of raids that Buffalo Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda said put "a lot of pressure" on him. He was charged with four counts of second-degree murder in connection with the August 14 shooting at the City Grill, Derenda said.
McCray surrendered to investigators at a Buffalo television station after approaching a community activist, Derenda said. He is expected to be in court for arraignment Thursday morning.
Derenda wouldn't discuss details of what led police to McCray, but said, "We believe we have a very solid case." But he said many witnesses remain to be interviewed. In an unusual move, he urged news outlets to avoid using McCray's picture, because it "could taint further identifications of the suspect."
"There could be lineups. There could be photo arrays to view this person. And if anyone's out there they need to come forward," Derenda said.
Among the two men and two women killed in the City Grill shooting was a 30-year-old Texas man celebrating his wedding anniversary. Patrons were asked to leave the City Grill's bar after some sort of argument and 100 people were at the restaurant when the shootings occurred outside.
A 25-year-old man was arrested shortly afterward, but charges against him were dropped when new evidence cast doubts on his arrest.