(CNN) -- A man has been charged in a shooting that left four dead at a North Hollywood, California, restaurant on a Saturday night earlier this month, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced Thursday.
Nerses Arthur Galstyan, 26, was charged with four counts of first-degree murder with the special circumstance of multiple killings.
He was arrested Tuesday near Seattle, Washington, after being at large since the April 3 shooting. Extradition proceedings are pending, the district attorney's office said Thursday.
The district attorney's office said that it won't decide whether to seek the death penalty until the case moves closer to trial.
Galstyan was also charged with one count of mayhem involving a victim who survived the attack and two counts of attempted first-degree murder. He is accused of using a handgun to carry out the slayings, the district attorney's office said.
The shooting occurred on April 3 at the Hot Spot Mediterranean Restaurant. It is believed to have followed a dispute inside the restaurant, Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said earlier this month.
Two people were injured in the attack, police said.
Galstyan was arrested at a home in Kenmore, Washington, on Tuesday, the district attorney's office said, citing Washington state news sources. He is being held without bail.
Galstyan's 24-year-old brother, Samuel, was also arrested. He was released but remains under investigation, the district attorney's office said.