(CNN) -- A top Saudi official and member of the royal family survived an assassination attempt at his palace in Jeddah, according to the Royal Court.
Prince Muhammad bin Nayef, assistant interior minister for security affairs, was lightly injured late Thursday by a suicide bomber carrying a mobile phone packed with explosives, the court said in a statement. There were no other reports of injuries.
A "wanted militant," who previously expressed a desire to turn himself in, carried the bomb, the statement said, adding that he blew himself up while being searched by security at about 11:30 p.m.
|Most Viewed||Most Emailed||Top Searches|