MADRID, Spain (CNN) -- Spanish authorities have arrested a Moroccan man wanted for alleged terrorist plots in Spain and Morocco, Spain's Interior Ministry announced Thursday.
The 21-year-old suspect was arrested Tuesday in eastern Tarragona province, near Barcelona, on a Moroccan warrant, but the ministry did not make it public until Thursday.
The man -- identified only by his initials, J.M., and an alias, "Abou Mosaab Anadori" -- allegedly plotted terrorist attacks in Spain. Moroccan authorities also link him to an alleged plot against tourist sites in Morocco, the ministry said in a statement.
Moroccan police last September arrested 15 people suspected of planning attacks on Moroccan government sites and tourist sites.
They later alerted Spain about the 21-year-old suspect, saying he was linked to the dismantled terror cell in Morocco. Spanish police located his home in the town of Torreforta in Tarragona province, and after receiving the warrant from Morocco, moved in to make the arrest.
The suspect has already appeared before a judge at the anti-terrorism National Court in Madrid, and has been ordered to remain in jail pending further investigation, the ministry said.
Spain and Morocco have increased their cooperation against terrorism since the Casablanca bombings in 2003 and the Madrid train bombings in 2004.
Authorities have previously told CNN that Moroccan terrorists try to hide and operate among the largely law-abiding Moroccan immigrant community in Spain.