Rescuers in Germany reduced the number of people they were searching for in a building collapse from nine to two, a fire department spokesman said late Tuesday.
Seven people who earlier had been reported missing contacted authorities to say they were safe, the spokesman explained. The two remaining victims are men missing from a residential building heavily damaged when another building collapsed, said the spokesman.
The spokesman said it was too dangerous to enter the residential building and that the Cologne fire department was working on stabilizing the structure so rescuers could enter it later. Read full article »
CNN's Per Nyberg, Nadine Schmidt and Nicole Saidi contributed to this report.