NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- Indian prosecutors Tuesday formally sought death sentences for a couple and their accomplice, convicted last week of the 2003 twin bomb attacks in Mumbai.
Chief public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told CNN that the court would announce sentence on Thursday. The defendants are identified as Mohammad Hanif, his wife Fahmida, who goes by one name, and their accomplice Ashrat Ansari.
The defendants have been linked to the Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, a Pakistan-based militant group.
The attacks six years ago at Mumbai's Gateway of India and Zaveri Bazaar gold market left 54 people dead.
Nikam said more than 100 witnesses had testified in the trial since then.
India also blames the Lashkar-e-Tayyiba for last year's terror strikes in Mumbai, in which 164 people were killed.
All About Lashkar-e-Tayyiba