NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- An Indian court has issued arrest warrants for 22 Pakistanis wanted in connection with last year's terror attacks in Mumbai.
The suspects are accused of being the masterminds behind the attacks, which killed more than 160 people. One of the warrants is for Hafiz Mohammed Saeed, the founder of the Pakistani-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba.
The warrants were handed down because of a motion by the prosecutor in the trial of Ajmal Kasab, accused of being the lone surviving gunman among the 10 men who launched the attack.
"We have substantial evidence" against the suspects, all of whom are Pakistani, Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told CNN.
Nikam said authorities want to arrest five additional suspects but warrants have not been issued because their "full names are not known yet," only their addresses.
In all, there are 35 suspects wanted in the case, including additional members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, authorities said.
Nikam said some of the evidence is based on Kasab's confession, in which he revealed names.
The three-day rampage started November 26, 2008. The attackers targeted 10 sites in Mumbai and took over several five-star hotels and a Jewish center.
|Most Viewed||Most Emailed||Top Searches|