Have you been paying attention to the news? Answer these questions and find out.
Scroll down to the bottom to see the correct answers.
1) For the 19th year in a row, the United Nations General Assembly voted this week almost unanimously to express its opposition to what?
a. The death penalty
b. The U.S. embargo against Cuba
c. Nuclear weapon proliferation
d. Human rights abuses
2) While welcoming the new ambassador to the Holy See from Iran, what did the Pope call on the Islamic republic to do?
a. Allow Christians to practice their religion
b. Free all political prisoners
c. End its nuclear ambitions
d. Stop human rights abuses
3) What happened this week when former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic refused to appear at the start of his war crimes trial at The Hague?
a. A mistrial was declared
b. The trial was delayed until he could be compelled to court
c. The trial continued without him
d. He was found guilty in absentia
4) The last living member of Adolph Hitler's inner circle died last week. Who was it?
a. Martin Bormann
b. Karl Dnitz
c. Rudolph Hess
d. Fritz Darges
5) The mayors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki have asked President Barack Obama to visit their cities on his upcoming trip to Japan. How many other sitting U.S. presidents have visited one of these two atomic blast sites?
6) In a low-key ceremony late this week, the U.S. signed a pact with another nation to expand its military presence in that nation. What is the host country where regional threats are believed to be growing more serious?
d. South Korea
7) What company has announced that it would close its business in Iceland because it is now too expensive to operate there after the country's financial crisis?
b. The Iceland Stock Exchange
8) The economic crisis did have some upside for Iceland, according to a recent report from the World Economic Forum. What category does the North Atlantic island nation now rank first in?
a. Gender equality
b. Income equality
c. Environmental friendliness
d. Racial harmony
9) In Somalia this week, a man who says he is 112 years old got married. He reportedly has a "birth certificate" from 1897 written on goatskin and his oldest son is 80 years old. How old is his blushing bride?
10) A Moscow bank this week seized an odd lot of goods in collateral for a loan gone bad. What did they seize 40,450 of?
b. Pornographic DVDs
d. Copies of "The Communist Manifesto"
Answer Key: 1) b 2) a 3) c 4) d 5) d 6) b 7) d 8) a 9) a 10) c