(CNN) -- Premier League big-spenders Manchester City are set to fine record signing Robinho for his training ground walk-out in Tenerife last week.
Manchester City have confirmed Robinho will be fined following his Tenerife walk-out last week.
The 25-year-old striker made an unscheduled departure, flying home to Brazil without telling City manager Mark Hughes that he had to attend to some "urgent family business".
It was expected that Hughes would fine the £32.5 million ($46m) striker approximately two weeks wages, which would be touching £200,000 ($283.5m), but there have also been suggestions that the City manager would not impose a punishment at all.
However, Hughes has denied that allegation, confirming that Robinho will be punished.
"I've had a talk with Robinho," Hughes told the UK's Press Association. "I have read some of the things that have been said this morning but nothing could be further from the truth.
"I have told Robby about the situation and our intention is to fine him. But there is a disciplinary procedure that has to be gone through and that is what we are doing at the moment. But what I would like to say is that he will be treated no differently to any other member of the squad."
Robinho returned to Manchester from South America at the weekend and trained yesterday. It is expected he will line-up alongside new arrivals Craig Bellamy and Nigel de Jong when City entertain Newcastle in the Premier League on Wednesday evening.