LAS VEGAS, Nevada (CNN) -- A court administrator apologized to lawyers for O.J. Simpson on Thursday after a court employee was caught taking a picture of the former football star during his first court appearance on robbery, kidnapping and assault charges.
Simpson appears in court Wednesday -- offering a tempting target for an amateur paparazzo.
Charles Short, the chief executive officer for Clark County, Nevada, courts, said a court reporter used a mobile phone camera to snap the picture of Simpson as he left the courtroom at the end of Wednesday's hearing.
"Our court is a professional organization, and this behavior is an aberration and will not be tolerated," Short wrote in a letter to Simpson lawyers Yale Galanter and Gabriel Grasso.
The photo was deleted before it could be distributed, and the employee's actions have been addressed "in the appropriate way," he wrote.
Simpson, 60, was arrested Sunday on charges related to a reported armed robbery of sports memorabilia, including many items the NFL hall-of-famer and onetime murder defendant has said were his own property.
He returned to his home in Florida late Wednesday after making bail, which had been set at $125,000 during Wednesday's hearing. Watch a report on Simpson's arraignment »
He faces a total of 11 criminal counts, including robbery and assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping, burglary and conspiracy charges.
Simpson and four co-defendants are accused of entering a Las Vegas hotel room and pointing guns at two men -- Alfred Beardsley and Bruce Fromong -- as they took the items, along with Fromong's cell phone and Beardsley's cap and sunglasses.
Before his arrest Sunday afternoon, Simpson said he was merely retrieving sports memorabilia that belonged to him and said no guns were used. But police said Simpson orchestrated the incident and that co-defendants had at least two guns, which authorities recovered during searches. E-mail to a friend
All About O.J. Simpson