(CNN) -- These are some of the facts from tonight's broadcast that you might find interesting.
As of 2006, the murder rate was up by 6.7% in cities of a million or more.
Some of the cities where that increase took place:
• San Diego
• Oakland, California
• Corpus Christi, Texas
• Grand Rapids, Michigan
• Reno, Nevada
• Little Rock, Arkansas
Overall crime was up nationwide by 1.3% in 2006
Robberies rose 6% in 2006
Rapes dropped 2% in 2006
Source: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Amendments to the Senate Amnesty Bill
As of today, there are 108 amendments to S 1348
• Amendment 1184 by Sen Cornyn would prohibit gang members from Z visas.
• Amendment 1151 by Sen Inhofe would make English the official language.
• Amendment 1194 from Sen Menendez closes the two year gap between z visa eligibility and the backlog of legal applicants.
• The Bingaman Amendment (to halve the guest worker program) passed 74 to 24.
• The Akaka Amendment called the "Filipino Veterans Family Reunification Act" was approved 87 to 9.
Thoughts on the Senate Amnesty Bill
The National Border Patrol Council of Tucson, Arizona (Local 2544) calls grand immigration compromise a "tremendous morale breaker" for Border Patrol agents.
Source: National Border Patrol Council letter to Sen. John Kyl (PDF File)
Former U.S. Border Patrol Chief Hugh Brien calls it "a sell-out" and "a complete betrayal of the nation."
Source: National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers Press Conference