Ray Herrera does not mince words about what his 12-year-old son, Jack, went through.
"It's beyond description to watch your most precious, beautiful, wonderful, loved one become a vegetable essentially and then die," Herrera said.
In August, Jack returned from summer camp that included swims in Texas' Lake LBJ. Five days after coming home he was dead, killed by a microscopic amoeba.
"He was the happiest boy anyone ever knew," Herrera said.
Jack is one of six people to die this summer in the United States from the naegleria fowleri amoeba. Read full article »