Entertainment Weekly: The Must List
Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon in "Walk the Line."
YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS
(Entertainment Weekly) -- Sir Sean, Lady Day, and eight other things we recommend this week:
1. "Walk the Line" Joaquin Phoenix surprises nobody with his mesmerizing portrayal of the Man in Black in this sturdy biopic of Johnny Cash.
Review: "Walk the Line"
2. "Lady Sings the Blues" Diana Ross surprised everybody with her mesmerizing portrayal of Lady Day in this treacly biopic of Billie Holiday, now available on DVD.
3. "Aerial," Kate Bush Loopy, precious, and bighearted, this two-CD album -- Bush's first in 12 years -- is also a stunning reminder of her soaring (and thankfully undiminished) vocal talent.
Q&A: Kate Bush
4. "Prison Break" Season 1 of Fox's hit series reaches its halfway point on November 29. Will the brothers bust out of the joint? And why is it called the joint?
5. Brendan Gleeson For his delightfully twitchy performance as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire."
All about: Harry Potter
6. "The Magus" by John Fowles In his magnificent 1966 novel, Fowles -- who passed away in November -- upends readers' expectations with a literary box of tricks involving a mysterious millionaire on a small Greek isle.
7. "Juicebox," the Strokes A punchy bass line anchors the retro-cool pleasures of this new single from New York's own rock saviors.
8. Lawrence Ferlinghetti Bookseller, activist, and poet, the 86-year-old was honored with a richly deserved National Book Award for lifetime achievement.
9. "From Russia With Love" A sleek videogame -- based on the Bond movie classic -- featuring the voice of Connery ... Sean Connery.
10. "Harold Lloyd Comedy Collection" A superb seven-DVD set that puts the silent-film comedian in his rightful place next to Chaplin and Keaton.
CNN.com story: The movie star who dangled from a clock
Click Here to Try 2 RISK FREE issues of Entertainment Weekly
|© 2007 Cable News Network.
A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.
Read our privacy guidelines. Contact us. Site Map.