Entertainment Weekly: The Must List
YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS
(Entertainment Weekly) -- A deer boy, a panda lady, and 8 other things we recommend this week
1. "Lulu Eightball" From booze to bumblebees, Emily Flake's delectably deadpan comic strip finds humor in dark and unexpected places (atomicbooks.com).
2. "The Comeback" Love it or hate it, the HBO comedy (in fact, a tragedy) features Lisa Kudrow giving one of the best performances of the year.
3. "Kung Fu Hustle" Slapstick spills collide with breathtaking martial-arts thrills in Stephen Chow"s hyperkinetic action-comedy, now on DVD.
Review: "Kung Fu Hustle"
4. Ibrahim Ferrer Put on "Buena Vista Social Club Presents ..." and remember the wispy-as-cigar-smoke vocals of the late Cuban maestro.
5. "Slings & Arrows" On the Sundance Channel: a quirky Canadian series about the everyday travails of a struggling Shakespearean troupe. To watch or not to watch? That's not a question.
6. "The Lady and the Panda," Vicki Constantine Croke You don't have to be an animal lover to enjoy the fascinating tale of Depression-era socialite Ruth Harkness, the first person to capture a live panda and bring it to the U.S.
Review: "The Lady and the Panda"
7. MC5 Still political, still angry, and still touring -- Motown's legendary proto-punk godfathers can most definitely still kick out the jams.
8. Errol Morris On DVD: three extraordinary films (including "Gates of Heaven" and "The Thin Blue Line") from our documentarian laureate.
9. Fall Out Boy's "Sugar, We're Goin Down" video A feel-good clip in which our hero -- cursed with a pair of giant antlers -- seeks true love. Deer-lightful!
10. "Broken Flowers" In Jim Jarmusch's new film, Bill Murray (as an aging lothario confronting his past) proves that silence really is golden.
Click Here to Try 2 RISK FREE issues of Entertainment Weekly
|© 2007 Cable News Network.
A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.
Read our privacy guidelines. Contact us. Site Map.