Entertainment Weekly: The Must List
(Entertainment Weekly) -- Cute dogs, cool docs and eight other things we recommend this week:
1. "Because of Winn-Dixie" Kids and animals -- these are the keys to the ML's blubbery heart. And Wayne Wang's family-friendly shaggy-dog story has both.
EW: Review of 'Because of Winn-Dixie'
2. Chris Rock Sure, his remarks in a certain weekly mag raised a fuss --but we're glad he kept his spark at the Oscar show.
EW: Rock interview
EW: The silliness of Drudge vs. Rock
3. DisneyWar, by James B. Stewart A battlefront account of boardroom warfare inside the Magic Kingdom. Who's the loser of this fight, laid bare for all to see? M-I-C-K-E-Y ...
EW: Review of 'DisneyWar'
4. "Making the Band 3" Sean Combs isn't Simon Cowell or Donald Trump, but who cares? He's the Diddy! Season 3 of MTV's star search is under way.
5. The Beastie Boys' "An Open Letter to NYC" video The clever clip gives big ups to Gotham's five boroughs. (Yes, Staten Island, too.)
6. "Is Your Straight Man Gay Enough?" by Nan Shipley and Jason Anthony Find out why some women are looking for men who like Trading Spaces, Kermit the Frog and Prince Charles.
7. "Nashville," Josh Rouse The winsomely wistful Cornhusker honors Music City with this beguiling CD, mixing chamber pop and country twang.
EW: Review of 'Nashville'
8. "The Docudrama Awards Collection" Get real! This lavish DVD set collects a dozen Oscar-worthy docs, including 1978's "Scared Straight!" and 2001's "Murder on a Sunday Morning."
9. Oscar cookies Take a bite out of the Deppster! Oscar-nominated stars get baked in Eleni's bakery (www.elenis.com).
10. "Bride & Prejudice" "Bend It Like Beckham" director Gurinder Chadha gives an Austen classic an eye-popping makeover, Bollywood-style.
EW: Review of 'Bride & Prejudice'
Click Here to Try 2 RISK FREE issues of Entertainment Weekly