Arrests in string of Connecticut shootings
(CNN) -- -- Three men have been arrested in New Haven, Connecticut, for the apparently random shootings earlier this week that wounded five people, police announced Friday.
New Haven Police spokeswoman Bonnie Winchester told CNN in a phone interview that a .22 caliber gun was also recovered in the course of the arrests. Bullets recovered from the crime scenes or victims were all shot from the same .22 caliber weapon, officials said earlier this week.
Winchester said two juveniles are also believed to be connected to the shootings.
Three of the victims remained in the hospital Friday, she said. Two were released Tuesday.
There's no explanation yet as to what the motive may have been in the shootings, Winchester said.
One of the victims, Angel Colon, was shot as he waited for a bus early Monday but he managed to walk home.
Colon, 54, said he saw a car drive by and then turn around. Someone in the car rolled down the window and shot him nine times, he said.
Two of the victims, ages 18 and 20, were shot just after midnight Sunday, police said. The remaining victims were attacked early Monday morning within 11 minutes of each other in the Hill section of New Haven.