Warnings of more SE Asia attacks
(CNN) -- Western intelligence agencies are warning more terror attacks are possible soon in the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Kenya in the wake of this week's Riyadh blasts.
The U.S. State Department issued a travel advisory for Malaysia on Wednesday that warns of possible attacks like the one last year in Bali, Indonesia, on locations where Westerners congregate. Kenya was the site of an attack on a resort last year.
In the Philippines, the threat deals with an Islamic guerrilla insurgency, officials said.
The Australian government also renewed its security warning for Indonesia earlier this week as trials get underway for key suspects in the Bali bombings which killed over 200 people.
Canberra says it is continuing to receive intelligence concerning planned attacks on Westerners in the sprawling republic. (Indonesia alert).
And on Wednesday, the alleged mastermind of the Bali bombings, Iman Samudra, warned of another anti-American bomb attack while being escorted back to his jail cell in Denpasar, Bali.
"God is great, down with America, there will be another bombing a year after Riyadh," Samudra shouted to the gathered media following a pre-trial visit to the public prosecutor's office.
Bali's police chief and the former head of the bombing investigation Major-General Made Mangku Pastika confirmed up to 30 members of Islamic terror group Jemaah Islamiyah (JI) are still on the run and that they have sophisticated bomb-making skills learned in Afghanistan.
Security officials believe JI was responsible for the Bali attacks and that it has links to al Qaeda and two Philippines Islamic groups, Abu Sayyaf and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
"There are 10, 20, even 30 of these people," he said in an interview with The Australian newspaper. "They concern us very much."
Special caution has been urged for Australians in central Java, especially around Solo -- the hometown of detained religious leader Abu Bakar Ba'asyir, the alleged the spiritual leader of JI.
The U.S. State Department, meanwhile, restated concerns of possible terrorist attacks against American citizens and interests in Malaysia, especially in the eastern state of Sabah. (Malaysian threat)
The U.S. also warned of possible bomb attacks by JI in Malaysia and elsewhere in southeast Asia.
JI cells operate throughout the region. Since 2001, Malaysian authorities have arrested more than 80 JI members.
U.S. officials also believe Saudi Arabia could be a potential target for future attacks.
Monday's bombing killed 25 people when nine suicide bombers set off three blasts almost simultaneously at compounds housing Westerners in the Saudi capital of Riyadh. Nearly 200 people were injured.
A team of U.S. investigators is to arrive in Saudi Arabia on Thursday after being delayed in Germany.
White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said a "bureaucratic glitch" in Germany delayed the team's departure and was caused by limits on flight time for the plane crew carrying the team.
The investigative team includes about a half-dozen agents and technicians from the FBI, U.S. State Department and U.S. intelligence agencies.
The three-day delay in getting U.S. investigators into Saudi Arabia could hinder their gathering evidence, CNN Correspondent Mike Brooks said.
"The sooner you get there on the ground, get the investigators going, start interviews -- the sooner you are going to find out who is responsible for this," said Brooks, a former FBI joint terrorism task force member.
A U.S. official said American authorities "have every confidence the Saudis have properly secured the crime scene so that evidence can be gathered."
Al Qaeda suspected
U.S. and Saudi officials said it appeared Monday's attacks were the work of al Qaeda, the terrorist organization headed by Saudi exile Osama bin Laden.
Saudi officials have told reporters they suspect a Saudi al Qaeda member named Khaled Mohammed Musallam al Jehani was the ringleader of the Riyadh attacks. U.S. officials said they do not have information to back up the assertion, but they would not rule it out.
U.S. officials said they believe al Jehani has been in Saudi Arabia recently and "could very well have played a key role." But U.S. intelligence is looking at "a couple of other core al Qaeda types as well," one official said.
Last week, the Saudi government issued an all-points bulletin for 19 men -- 17 of them Saudis -- on suspicion of planning terrorist attacks.
Al Qaeda opposes the Saudi government and the presence of the U.S. military in the country. Of the 19 hijackers who took part in the September 11, 2001, attacks, 15 were Saudi citizens. (Special report)
-- CNN Correspondents Rula Amin, Mike Brooks, David Ensor, John King, Andrea Koppel and Brent Sadler and Producer Elise Labott contributed to this report.