Latest capture is highest ranking Iraqi in custody
U.S. captures Iraq's air defense commander
DOHA, Qatar (CNN) -- U.S. authorities have captured four more former members of the Iraqi regime, U.S. Central Command said Wednesday, including the highest-ranking official taken into custody so far.
Muzahim Sa'b Hassan al Tikriti, former commander of Iraq's Air Defense Force, was No. 10 on the U.S. list of the most-wanted Iraqis, and the "queen of diamonds" in the card deck featuring photographs of the most-wanted figures.
Iraq's former minister of trade, Muhammad Mahdi al-Salih, also was taken into custody by U.S. officials. He was listed as No. 48 on the most-wanted list and was the "six of hearts" in the U.S. card deck.
In addition, U.S. Central Command said Iraq's director of military intelligence, Zuhayr Al Naqib, turned himself over to U.S. officials.
Naqib is No. 21 on the most-wanted Iraqi officials list, and the "seven of hearts" in the card deck.
Pentagon officials said another high-ranking intelligence official, Salim Sa'id Khalaf Al-Jumayli, was captured in a raid by coalition forces that also resulted in one enemy casualty. He was not on the Top 55 list or featured in the card deck.
"Coalition Special Operations Forces conducted an operation in Baghdad and successfully captured ... Al-Jumayli," said Jim Wilkinson, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command.
Al-Jumayli was the chief of the Iraqi Intelligence Service's American Desk, and is believed to have knowledge of people spying for Iraq in the United States.
Other 'most wanted' Iraqi leaders in custody:
• Muhammad Hamza al-Zubaydi: No. 18 and "queen of spades;" a former prime minister and Saddam's Central Euphrates Regional commander (April 20)
• Samir abd al Aziz al Najm: No. 24 and "four of clubs;" Baath party regional chairman in east Baghdad and commander of the Baath party militia (April 17)
• Jamal Mustafa Abdallah Sultan al Tikriti: No. 40 and "nine of clubs;" Deputy Chief of Tribal Affairs and Saddam's son-in-law (April 21)
• Hikmat al Azzawi: No. 45 and "eight of diamonds;" Deputy Prime Minister and Economics & Finance Minister (April 18)
• Watban Ibrahim Hasan al Tikriti: No. 51 and "five of spades;" presidential adviser and Saddam Hussein's half brother (April 13)
• Barzan Ibrahim Hasan al Tikriti: No. 52 and "five of clubs;" presidential adviser and Saddam's half brother (April 16)
• Humam Abd al-Khaliq Abd al-Ghafur: No. 54 and "four of hearts;" Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research (April 19)
• Amir Hamudi Hasan al-Sadi: No. 55 and "seven of diamonds;" presidential scientific adviser (April 12)