Schwarzenegger accuser: Can't get work
Schwarzenegger says independent investigation of allegations not needed.
Schwarzenegger is officially sworn in as California's governor.
A look at some potential challenges that Schwarzenegger will face.
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The woman who filed a defamation lawsuit against California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and his campaign staff said Wednesday she can't get work in her industry because of the false information they disseminated about her.
In her suit filed Monday, former Hollywood stuntwoman Rhonda Miller claimed that after she went public with sexual harassment allegations against Schwarzenegger, his campaign sent an e-mail to the media alleging that she was a felon with a long criminal record.
The suit alleged campaign staffers knew that the Rhonda Miller listed in a Los Angeles court database as a felon was not the Hollywood stuntwoman making charges against Schwarzenegger.
Miller told CNN her reputation has been destroyed. "It was so upsetting to me that somebody would try to ruin my reputation like that as a criminal felon," she said.
"I've been a law abiding citizen all of my life, I've done the right things and here was these felony charges that I couldn't even believe."
Miller's lawyer, Gloria Allred, said her client is devastated.
"She's never been arrested for anything in her life and this has been very damaging to her economically and emotionally," Allred said.
Now, Miller said, despite 13 years of experience as a stuntwoman, she can't find a job.
"Well, I've tried repeatedly to get work in my industry and I haven't been able to do so, despite my best efforts," she said.
Miller alleged in the lawsuit that when she worked with Schwarzenegger on set of "Terminator 2" in January 1991, he pulled up her T-shirt to expose her breasts and took a Polaroid picture. She also said he groped her on one other occasion. (Full story)
Allred said Miller filed a complaint with the Screen Actors Guild at some point after the incidents. Miller said she also tried to go public with her allegations a few other times but no one would listen.
Schwarzenegger told CNN on Monday he knows nothing about Miller's allegations concerning his campaign staff.
"I'm not familiar with the case, so I cannot comment on that at all," he said. "I have to find out more about it, because this is all news to me."
He would not say whether he would take any action if it turns out that anyone on his staff was involved.
Schwarzenegger's attorney, Marty Singer, said Miller's defamation suit is "absolutely without merit."
In the days leading up to the October 7 recall election that swept Schwarzenegger into power, at least seven women, including Miller, went public with allegations of past improper behavior against the former bodybuilder and actor.
Schwarzenegger said he still considers the timing "rather odd," given that no one had previously filed a complaint against him in the 35 years he has lived in the United States.
Before the election, Schwarzenegger issued a blanket apology to anyone he offended and said that after the election he wanted to look into the complaints.
But the governor said Tuesday that an independent investigation isn't necessary because "the people have spoken" and he is focused on solving the state's fiscal problems.
"Their voices have been heard. They elected me to be governor, and they sent me up here to do the job," Schwarzenegger told CNN. "That's what I'm here to do, and so that's why I'm concentrating on this right now."
He said the vow to investigate the charges "was meant much more for me, that I wanted to look into it myself."
"And so that doesn't mean that I won't do that. But the bottom line is, right now, I'm focusing on this, and there is no investigation."